Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fatal Alliance

I have something to admit. Ok here goes, I'm a massive Star Wars fan. Finally said it, now we can get on to the book. Star Wars Fatal Alliance is a book based on the upcoming game Star Wars the Old Republic. Now as a star wars fan and a gamer, I've been excited for this book for a long time. When I heard there was a book however, I was apprehensive. Usually books based on games were total pieces of crap. Written in a short time frame by a person paid for the quantity instead of the quality of the thing they were writing. This one however was different, it was exciting action packed, and its dialogue did not feel in the least bit canned. The story revolves from perspective to perspective based on the chapter. Usually this can give a book a bit of a whirlwind feeling, and confuse the reader. However the different stories were closely intertwined here to create a mesmerizing experience. The other thing about the book that I loved was that since it takes place 3500 years before the movies, it gives itself a bit of breathing space. Giving itself the freedom from reliance on continuity. Introducing us to characters that don't have to be chained by the fact that they have to resemble people and personalities created in the trilogy that started it all. A thoroughly enjoying read, while not quality literature on par with Dickens or Shakespeare, it is still a book that I would recommend to anyone who enjoyed the movies or like me is a fan of everything Star Wars.

No comments:

Post a Comment